WHERE TO FIND WHAT

Thursday, June 25, 2009

American Tract Society Comic "Get With the Program"


This comic holds a very special place in my heart because it was my very first freelance job. A California Pastor had written the text for a tract that he wanted to use that would speak to the youth in his community. At the time, The American Tract Society was looking for an African American artist whose artistic style would add just the right amount of flavor. It seeems that God had me submit some samples to ATS at just that moment. I was thrilled since I'd been a fan of the comic art of Chick Publications for years and wanted to do something similar. I look back on the job now and smile. I used crayola markers and typing paper to do my layouts for this, and was paid a pretty decent price for a first time freelancer. It was a great encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment